- Free consultation by phone
- Assessment of current speech and language skills or review of your assessment by another Speech Language Pathologist is needed first.
- Goals are determined based on your child’s age and skill level.
- Progress is shared briefly following each session and overall at the end of the 8 week term of treatment.
- Sessions are not timed and length will be determined in part by your child’s age and ability to attend. Generally 25 to 40 minutes is customary and then a brief follow up as needed. Extended consultation may require another appointment.
- Some children have not developed the prerequisite skills such as sitting at a table, visually attending to the therapist, and keeping hands and feet to themselves. As a result, these skills may need to be taught in conjunction with speech language goals.
- To receive the maximum benefit from therapy, home practice is expected. A notebook with activities is provided.
- Plan to remain in your home during the session.
- Fees are paid each session and receipt for submission to your insurance is provided on request. As insurance coverage varies, check your policy before beginning therapy.