- Free consultation by phone
- Assessment of current speech and language skills or review of your assessment by another Speech Language Pathologist is needed first.
- Goals are determined based on your child’s age and skill level.
- Progress is shared briefly following each session and overall at the end of the 8 week term of treatment.
- Sessions are not timed and length will be determined in part by your child’s age and ability to attend. Generally 25 to 40 minutes is customary and then a brief follow up as needed. Extended consultation may require another appointment.
- Some children have not developed the prerequisite skills such as sitting at a table, visually attending to the therapist, and keeping hands and feet to themselves. As a result, these skills may need to be taught in conjunction with speech language goals.
- To receive the maximum benefit from therapy, home practice is expected. A notebook with activities is provided.
- Plan to remain in your home during the session.
- Fees are paid each session and receipt for submission to your insurance is provided on request. As insurance coverage varies, check your policy before beginning therapy.
Cell phone 410-591-5036
Free Initial Consultations
Welcome! I am a nationally certified and Maryland licensed speech language pathologist. I have worked extensively with early intervention and elementary school children with mild to severe communication disorders.
I’m now offering private individualized therapy in your home on a flexible schedule. I work with children ages 2 – 18 years with speech and language delays related to Autism Spectrum Disorders, Down syndrome, cognitive impairment, neurological impairment, social/behavioral delays, bilingualism, apraxia, seizure disorders, hearing impairment, and genetic disorders. Therapy improves speech intelligibility, phonological processing, expressive, receptive, and social language, and fluency.
Core curriculum-based therapy and reading/writing support is available for students with learning d
isabilities, language delay, or articulation delay. Thematic vocabulary with creative use of music, play, yoga, and hands on activities is available for toddlers, preschooler, and younger students.
Accurate screenings and assessments are provided as needed. Therapy provides for sensory and behavior difficulties. Techniques include PROMPT (tactile) cuing, high and low tech visual supports, and Picture Communication Exchange (PECS).
Check out my Facebook page.